The TCA Achievement Awards is acknowledged as one of the most significant Member benefits offered by the Association if not the most significant.
- Glen Stephens – SAA Architecture (Chair)
- Alan Wilson – Haskell
- Todd Edge – Ken Carlson Architect P.A.
- Alex Romero – Haskell
- Jim MacKinnon – Saunders Construction, Inc.
- Jeff Needham – Needham & Associates
- Tom Heffernan – Cardno Haynes Whaley, Inc.
- Jim Baty
- Monitor framework for the judging criteria for the TCA national design awards.
- To produce a consistent, fair and respected process with standards and categories and achievements.
- Maintain the process to govern the selection process for Judges.
- Maintain a revolving “Pool of Judges”
- Develop guidelines for judges to implement the goals and intent of the TCA national design awards program
- Provide TCA member’s a clearly understandable and constant judging criteria. TCA Members need to see the process as “fair”
- Design a process for the evaluation for all submission so the judges can compare each other’s thoughts and considerations
- Annual Achievement Award program
- Categories and divisions
- Submission requirements
- Entry fees, award quantities and recognition outlets
- Memorial Recognition (Individual or Company) program
- Monitor program and its execution
- Solicit nominations for candidates.
- Review potential changes to update memorial status of awards
- TCA Annual Tilt-Up Safety Award program
- Criteria for recognition
- Develop guidelines and submission forms
- Develop and maintain a Student Tilt-Up Design Competition to add to the Achievement Awards program
- Prepare for 2010 Achievement Awards:
- Review categories, criteria, costs and judging procedures
- Project future changes based on significant increases in submittals and time constraints of judging
- Solicit nominations for Memorial Recognition awards:
- Peter Courtois Award
- Robert Aiken Award (Innovators Award)
- Engineering Award
- Architects Award
- Murray Parker Award (Contractors Award)