For your convenience, a pdf form is available to be used as a workbook to prepare for your online submission. All submittals must be made online using the button to the right.
The questions on the form are identical to the questions presented online for submission. Contact the TCA at (319) 895-6911 with any questions or issues.
Established by the TCA in 1992, the Tilt-Up Achievement Awards program honors projects that use site-cast tilt-up concrete to introduce new building types, advance industry technology and provide unique solutions to building programs. The winning entries illustrate the variety, beauty and flexibility of the tilt-up construction method. All TCA members affiliated with the project will receive recognition. Awards are presented at the Annual Tilt-Up Awards Gala.
A panel of accomplished tilt-up professionals representing the fields of architecture, development, education, engineering, and construction evaluate each project’s aesthetic appeal, architectural ingenuity, and creativity in engineering and construction.
TCA Tilt-Up Achievement Awards Guidelines
- You must be an active TCA Member to submit. Non-Members do not qualify for the awards program. Join the TCA at www.tilt-up.org/join
- Eligible projects include any TCA Member project, completed in any year, that has not previously won a Tilt-Up Achievement Award. Projects under construction that are not yet completed are also eligible. Entries not communicated or received by the entry deadline will be placed into the following year's program.
- All required information must be provided to be considered. We request that you work within the project team to diligently provide as much information as possible regarding the design and construction team, construction statistics and the products and materials used to benefit industry recognition. The TCA reserves the right to waive minor deficiencies in the award submittal and to contact the submitting company for additional information if needed.
- You are highly encouraged to provide photography that evidences both the construction of this project from a tilt-up perspective as well as finished photography detailing and conveying the completed composition of your project; both are necessary to develop a full appreciation of the work.
- Each entry will be charged an entry fee of $185.00 USD. Please remit payment amount to the Tilt-Up Concrete Association. Credit card payments can be made online. Please call TCA headquarters at (319) 895-6911 with any payment questions.
- Submittal deadline is June 1, 2016. Entries submitted after this date will be automatically entered into the following year’s program.
- Project images must be uploaded according to the instructions at the end of the online award submittal process. Contact the TCA at (319) 895-6911 with any questions. As an alternative, a CD or DVD with the required images may be mailed to the TCA. Material must be received by the TCA before the awards deadline.
- Copyright material (photographs) must be identified. It is the responsibility of the submitting company to communicate any necessary photo credits.
- Submit 6-15 photos of the project. Overall shots are critical, as are detail oriented or “zoomed-in” images of unique features. The photos submitted will be used for both print and video materials for a variety of marketing and public relations efforts. It is essential that ALL images are provided in high resolution. 300dpi at 5 x 7 inches or 2,100px x 1,500px minimum.
- The judges retained for deliberating on the submitted projects will review each project based on the following weighted criteria:
- Aesthetic Appeal: 40%
- Architectural Creativity: 30%
- Engineering & Construction Creativity: 30%
- Each category will receive a rating of 1 to 10 with 1 being low and 10 being high, based on how successful the judge feels the project was in responding to the category description. In addition, the judges will be given a maximum of 10 bonus points to award projects for setting new standards or for merit above and beyond the criteria as evaluated.