For the 1997 Tilt-Up Achievement Awards, a total of ten awards were presented out of over 30 entries received. Winning projects ranged in size from 24,000 to over 390,000 square feet in size. Award winners came from Western Canada to Southern Florida and represented a wide range of projects. Entries were received from as far away as South America.
The criteria for judging included: (1) Quality of construction by the contractor; (2) Aesthetic appeal; (3) Creativity of structural and architectural design, and; (4) Unique application or end use. A winner of each category was selected so that a project that was unique but not necessarily aesthetically pleasing would have an opportunity to win.
Judging was done by a panel consisting of an architect, engineer, contractor, and material supplier experienced in Tilt-Up construction.
- Shelton State Community College - Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Parkview Office Building - Middleburg, Ohio
- Ballard Power Systems - Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
- DY 4 Systems, Inc. - Kanata, Ontario, Canada
- P. F. Industries - Orange County, Indiana
- Fred Jones Nissan - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- H. Dennert Distributing, Inc. - Cincinnati, Ohio
- Hellman International Building - Miami, Florida
- St. Louis Rams Corporate Headquarters and Training Facility - St. Louis, Missouri
- YMCA/YWCA - Cumberland, Ontario, Canada