2010 TCA Student Design Contest
The Concrete Classroom
Article tools: Coming soon!
Sponsored by the Tilt-Up Concrete Association and the Tennessee Concrete Association, this years student design contest focuses on "The Concrete Classroom."
Students in the field of architecture, currently in a graduate or undergraduate program are invited to present conceptual designs for a new education and training facility for a state concrete association, specifically designed with emphasis on practical sustainability using site-cast concrete panels and components known as “Tilt-Up” concrete.
The Concrete Classroom 2010 is an international, open, single-stage ideas competition.
Read the complete 2010 student design competition abstract.
Download a hi-res poster (28MB PDF) suitable for posting in your classroom or meeting space.
The following programs are currently registered to participate in this year's competition:
- Alfred State University
- Aristotle Univercity of Thessaloniki
- Cairo University, Egypt
- Cornell Universit
- University of Malaya
- University of Texas San Antonio
- University of Moratuwa
- Mumbai University
- Peoples Friendship University of Russia
- International University of Sarajevo
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut India
- National University of Singapore
- Mackintosh School of Architecture, Glasgow
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
- International Islamic University Malaysia
- University of Plymouth, UK
- Department of Architecture, The University of Memphis
- University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana
- Hogeschool Voor Wetenschap & Kunst
- Limkokwing University
- Ryerson University
- Sheffield University
- McGill University
- Tyler School of Art, Temple University
- University of Innsbruck, Austria
This list will be updated as more programs join.